This Department is charged with the following functions
- Supervision of inspection of pharmaceutical Import and Wholesale outlets to ensure that they are fit to carry out the business of distributing medicines and other related products.
- To assist the Registrar in the registration of all pharmaceutical Import and Wholesale outlets both public and Private in Sierra Leone.
- To supervise the inspection of all medicines and related products imported into and exported out of Sierra Leone in accordance with the standard operating procedures laid down by the Board.
- To surveillance the ports of entry for substandard/fake products that are illegally imported.
- Inspection of manufacturing industries to ensure adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices Attendance at Committee meetings
- To address issues pertaining to the Factory Inspectorate and Import Control.
- To develop, document and periodically review guidelines and standard operating procedures for all departmental activities.
- To develop work plans for the department on a quarterly and annual basis with budget estimate.
Contact the department through this email: