The Department of Enforcement and Narcotic Control has the following functions:
- The investigation and compilation of case files in the Board. It is charged with the responsibility of enforcing the provision of the Pharmacy and drugs Act 2001.
- Preventing and prohibiting the importation, manufacture, distribution, dispensing and selling of all counterfeit, adulterated, banned, substandard or expired medicines and other regulated products.
- Combating the hawking of medicines and other regulated products that are not duly registered with the Board.
- Prevention and combating the establishment or opening of illegal pharmaceutical outlets that are not duly licensed by the Board.
- Enforcing the control of the importation, distribution and use of narcotics and psychotropic substances in Sierra Leone.
- Ensuring that Sierra Leone’s obligation under the international drug treaties with respect to narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances are fulfilled.
- Promoting activities gearing toward the rational use of drugs and reducing demand for the use of psychotropic drugs.
Contact the department through this email: